Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I dropped my iphone 6 i a small pool of water n now its stuck in head phones mode, what do i do??

I Dropped my iphone 6 in a small pool of water n now its stuck in head phones mode, what do i do??

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Apr 16, 2015 4:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2015 8:38 AM

Make an appointment at the genius bar and have it looked at.

150 replies

Feb 2, 2016 4:44 AM in response to Kice5000

If your device falls in small pool of water, blow dry and then immediately cover in a bag of rice. The rice will absorb all the excess water from your phone. And eventually start to work again. It may take a few hours to a full day to work.

if your phone is stuck in headphone mode no headphones and no water contact maybe a little sweat got into the jack. I took two cutips. And pulled off most of the cotton on both so it was a thin piece still on.. Damped one with water, not WET "damp" and kept the other dry. Stuck the damp cutip into my headphone jack and wiped the inside thoroughly, followed by the dry one. This is to remove the excess salt deposits that crystallize after your phone drys. Put my phone back into the bag of rice and it started working in "ringer mode" again.

Feb 2, 2016 4:49 AM in response to China22

China22 wrote:

If your device falls in small pool of water, blow dry and then immediately cover in a bag of rice. The rice will absorb all the excess water from your phone. And eventually start to work again. It may take a few hours to a full day to work.

if your phone is stuck in headphone mode no headphones and no water contact maybe a little sweat got into the jack. I took two cutips. And pulled off most of the cotton on both so it was a thin piece still on.. Damped one with water, not WET "damp" and kept the other dry. Stuck the damp cutip into my headphone jack and wiped the inside thoroughly, followed by the dry one. This is to remove the excess salt deposits that crystallize after your phone drys. Put my phone back into the bag of rice and it started working in "ringer mode" again.

You do realize that the phone in question fell in the water 10 months ago, right?

Feb 21, 2016 12:02 PM in response to China22

China22 wrote:

Hey.. you can listen to Meg St. and have a dead phone and a $250 incidental fee for a replacement (OR) you can use a blowdryer and drop in a bag of rice overnight.

This has happened to me SEVERAL times ... this is the method i have used and it worked everytime.

Suit yourself.

As your way has caused SEVERAL $250 fees, I'll do it Megs way thank you.

I dropped my iphone 6 i a small pool of water n now its stuck in head phones mode, what do i do??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.