Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can not see the fotos-library within iweb or old and new pages

If I want to import fotos within iweb or pages, I could select the iPhoto- or Aperture mediathek using the button "MEDIA" Now the only app I can select is "PHOTO_BOOTH. No interaction possible between these apps anymore or do I have to change something?

Posted on Apr 16, 2015 3:09 AM

6 replies

Apr 16, 2015 8:37 AM in response to eddwolf

Go into your User/Home/Library/Preferences folder and delete the com.apple.iApps.plist preference pane. Reboot and launch iPhoto and then iWeb. See if you can see the library now.

NOTE: In Lion and Mountain Lion the Home/Library folder is now invisible. To make it permanently visible enter the following in the Terminal application window: chflags nohidden ~/Library and press the Return key - 10.7: Un-hide the User Library folder. This also works for Mavericks and Yosemite.

For Mavericks and Yosemite go to your Home folder and use the View ➙ Show View Options menu to bring up this window:

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Apr 16, 2015 9:12 AM in response to eddwolf

Thank you very much, but it still does not work. To make it more clear: I want to see the library of the new Photos-App within the old versions of Pages(9) and iWeb. I still use these versions because of the circular letter funktion which is (UNFORTUNATELY) no longer supported under Pages 5.x

I just had a 1hour session with the apple-support, and they could not solve my problem and there is also no real workaround. I spent lots of time and work in my documents and websites using iWeb very often, but continuity seems to be not Apple's focus. Can not recreatin all my stuff after Apple's upgrades if they cancel funktions like circular-letter or disconnect the Photo-LIbrary (new library from the new Photos-App) from apps if they older than 3-4 Jears !! But I hope that someone could help me to find a solution.

Thank's

Wolfgang

Apr 17, 2015 4:11 PM in response to wannabesillyme

Hey, thank you but I am not talking about iPhoto!

Problem is that It is not possible to see the new PHOTOS-Library from the new PHOTOS-APPS either in Pages(9) and iWeb. Could work with Apperture in the past but I migratet the Library from Apperture completely to the new Photos-App. Now I restored the Apperture-Library and everything is working as it did before. So for me it makes not sense to use the new "Photos-App" as it can not be seen within Pages(9) and iWeb.

But however, thank you for trying to help me.

Best regards

Wolfang

can not see the fotos-library within iweb or old and new pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.