Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Incomplete Contacts Sync on Mac with iCloud

Hey folks,

anyone experienced a sync issue where connection between backend (iCloud) and your client was working properly for all other iCloud components (calendar, emails etc.) on all devices (iOS and Mac) but the Mac contacts app didn't download all your iCloud records?

So now it looks like this:

- Identical Apple ID -

iCloud: 2800 contacts

iOS: 2800 contacts

Mac: 326 contacts

I already performed the following actions:

1) Signed out from iCloud completely and signed-in

2) Disabled contacts sync, waited 5 mins, restarted and enabled it again

Nothing helped.

Appreciate your feedback

Thanks, Josef

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 16, 2015 3:49 AM

3 replies

Apr 20, 2015 11:06 PM in response to fire00

Got it solved after nothing else worked.

On the machine that was struggling to sync properly (let's call it the bad machine) I turned off the iCloud contacts sync and closed the address book app.

On one of the other OS X machines that synced properly (good machine) 100% of all contact cards I deleted all contact cards (after I made a backup).

Then I turned on contact sync on the bad machine to download the latest stage of the DB which was then supposed to be empty and turned sync off again.

Went back to the good machine and clicked on "undo" the deletion of all contacts and waited for the sync service to upload all contacts back to iCloud.

Back to the bad machine and turned on contact sync - voilà all contact cards downloaded within 2 seconds including all contact groups.

Incomplete Contacts Sync on Mac with iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.