Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my ipod touch 4g is not get updating after 6.1.6. I want to update to next 7.0

Hi friends this is vinoth from india, I want to update my ipod touch from 6.1.6, But i am trying to update

from more than year, But its still in 6.1.6. So i cant use any new apps or games to download.

Please help me to resolve in this issue. I bought the ipod april 2012.

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.6, My ipod is in 6.1.6 in over yr ago

Posted on Apr 16, 2015 4:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2015 6:58 AM

You have a 4G iPod and thos can only go to 6.1.6. iOS 7 requires at least 512 MB of RAM but the 4G only has 256 MB

For apps:

Starting when iOS 7 was released, Apple now allows downloading the last compatible version of some apps (iOS 4.2.1 and later only)

App Store: Downloading Older Versions of Apps on iOS - Apple Club

App Store: Install the latest compatible version of an app

You first have to download the non-compatible version on your computer. Then when you try to purchase the version on your iPod you will be offered a compatible version if one exists.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 16, 2015 6:58 AM in response to Ladysman217

You have a 4G iPod and thos can only go to 6.1.6. iOS 7 requires at least 512 MB of RAM but the 4G only has 256 MB

For apps:

Starting when iOS 7 was released, Apple now allows downloading the last compatible version of some apps (iOS 4.2.1 and later only)

App Store: Downloading Older Versions of Apps on iOS - Apple Club

App Store: Install the latest compatible version of an app

You first have to download the non-compatible version on your computer. Then when you try to purchase the version on your iPod you will be offered a compatible version if one exists.

my ipod touch 4g is not get updating after 6.1.6. I want to update to next 7.0

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.