Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i did backup/reset on 4s after getting 6 plus and now the carrier goes to "vodaphone" instead of verizon. Tried process 5 or 6 times and no change. Local store clerks say they never saw this. They tried several things and couldn't get it right.

i did backup/reset on 4s after getting 6 plus and now it shows no service at top of screen and in the carrier settings it shows up "vodaphone" instead of verizon. Tried process 5 or 6 times and no change. Local store clerks say they never saw this. They tried several things and couldn't get it to work right. I've called tech support one time, just 1st tier level, and they couldny fix it either. Does anyone know anything about this?

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Apr 16, 2015 7:11 AM

6 replies

Apr 16, 2015 9:23 AM in response to Crimsontide65

Check to see if there is a SIM in the phone. If there is, take it out. You do not need a SIM for domestic use on that phone. It's only for international roaming. On a couple of occasions, I've seen a similar issue. Pulling that SIM usually fixes it. Once the phone is active, you should be able to put the SIM back in, just for safe keeping should you ever want to use it internationally.

Apr 28, 2015 6:29 AM in response to Courcoul

ok sorry it took so long to reply. The SIM card may have played a small part but what resolved it was a link to reload firmware. Somehow from backing up, clearing and resetting it ended up with corrupt firmware. The link gives every phone out there a specific path to upgrade or reinstall firmware. Problem solved, it's working. Thanks for all your help!!

i did backup/reset on 4s after getting 6 plus and now the carrier goes to "vodaphone" instead of verizon. Tried process 5 or 6 times and no change. Local store clerks say they never saw this. They tried several things and couldn't get it right.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.