Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot download apps or login to app store on ipad

Hi everyone.

I've moved my family over to family sharing instead of having everyone on my ID.

All working OK except my sons ipad air.

Cannot download apps (put in password and it just goes straight back to the 'get' button, no error message)

Have tried:

forcing ipad to shut down.

Logging out of store.

attempted to download app whilst logged out of store. Still same problem.

Tried my ID to login or download. Same problem.

Have checked family settings to make sure he can download apps without asking. All OK.

Apps are age appropriate.

Restrictions are set to allow apps to download

time settings are on automatic

Forgetting network and setting it up again.

using phone as hotspot didn't work either

Now a further problem:

Logged out of iTunes and App store. Cannot log back in on his ipad. Works on his phone and my computer, so the password and username are 100% correct.

Does anyone have anything else I can try?

Thanks, Zelly

Posted on Apr 16, 2015 5:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 12:39 PM

I Am having The exact same issue. I know my Apple ID is correct. I can log in to anything from safari or on a computer, but cannot log in to the App Store. When I click on download, it asked for my password. I typed it, and it asked again (no error message). I typed it again. It asked again. I typed it again and then it asked if I wanted to use an existing I'd or a new one. I clicked existing. Typed in my email and password, clicked ok. Then it asked me again... Existing or create a new one. This happens every time now.

steps I have tried:

I tried to reset my password. No good.

I tried logging out from settings and logging back in there. No good. (In fact, in settings, it won't even let me TRY to login. I click on the blank Apple ID box and it asks if I want to use an existing or create a new one. I click existing and nothing happens. No option to login at all.)

I tried resetting all settings. No good.

I tried a full reset (all content and settings). No good.

I tried resetting DNS. No good.

I Tried multiple different networks. No good.

if it matters, I do have a MDM device that is set up through my work's Active Directory. But it worked fine a few days ago before upgrading to iOS 8.3.

WHen I did the full reset, I was able to login to my work's configuration, but when it got to the set up Apple ID menu, I had to skip it because it still would not let me log in.

aany ideas?

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 18, 2015 12:39 PM in response to zelly

I Am having The exact same issue. I know my Apple ID is correct. I can log in to anything from safari or on a computer, but cannot log in to the App Store. When I click on download, it asked for my password. I typed it, and it asked again (no error message). I typed it again. It asked again. I typed it again and then it asked if I wanted to use an existing I'd or a new one. I clicked existing. Typed in my email and password, clicked ok. Then it asked me again... Existing or create a new one. This happens every time now.

steps I have tried:

I tried to reset my password. No good.

I tried logging out from settings and logging back in there. No good. (In fact, in settings, it won't even let me TRY to login. I click on the blank Apple ID box and it asks if I want to use an existing or create a new one. I click existing and nothing happens. No option to login at all.)

I tried resetting all settings. No good.

I tried a full reset (all content and settings). No good.

I tried resetting DNS. No good.

I Tried multiple different networks. No good.

if it matters, I do have a MDM device that is set up through my work's Active Directory. But it worked fine a few days ago before upgrading to iOS 8.3.

WHen I did the full reset, I was able to login to my work's configuration, but when it got to the set up Apple ID menu, I had to skip it because it still would not let me log in.

aany ideas?

Apr 19, 2015 1:57 PM in response to bigalwtn

A bit more information about my situation:

I spent two hours at the Apple Store and another hour on the phone with Apple Care yesterday. They performed a couple DFU's and said that they thought it was a problem with the ROOT files on the iPad. But that still did not resolve the issue. They had me create a new Apple ID and it worked fine. Then they had me sign out of that ID and in with my 'normal' ID. I signed in, then it asked me to verify my payment info. I verified my address. Then, it came up with an error that said "Your account was changed while you were editing the information. We were unable to save the changes. Please try again later." Then.... all the same problems existed. One interesting thing... even though the app store is still trying to make me log in, it acts like I am already logged in. My purchase apps show up and I am able to download and install them. But I cannot download anything 'new' or purchase anything.

I read on another forum that 8.2 is still signed by Apple and you can re-install it through itunes. I tried this, and the problem still existed afterwards. So after a total of about 4 hours working on this yesterday, I am still in the same place I was before.

Apr 24, 2015 5:55 PM in response to zelly

Hello All,

I had the same problem when I manually changed my time to be one hour earlier, as my phone adjusted to summer time, and the government here in Egypt decided to cancel the summer time for this year. When I switched my time settings from manual to automatic again, all is back to normal and I was able to sign in to my app store account, and started downloading new apps normally.

Obviously, it has to do with time settings on your phone. Set time to automatic, and give it a try.

Let me know if it works for you.

Cheers

Apr 24, 2015 6:52 PM in response to ehab1971

I Have tried resetting time, it doesn't work at all.

It actually won't even go to automatic. Just attempts to for ages.

IT experts haven't been able to help, nor has apple. They recommend factory reset. not doing that though. It's his school iPAD and we will loshe too much valuable stuff. Even with back up, not everything Is recoverable.

I Guess Apple loses out. He can't buy anything at the moment! Frustrating though as he gets in trouble for not getting the apps he needs.

DOes snyone one from Apple actually view this forum? They don't seem to be too worried about it.

Apr 25, 2015 2:59 AM in response to lagard

Progress update:

I spent around an hour on the phone to apple support today. Spoke to three different technicians. All were baffled by the problem. They tried all of the typical things that i had already done.

Then asked me to do a settings reset. I didn't want to...I said it would likely remove all of the settings that the school had put in place and their programming. They assured me it wouldn't be a problem. Guess what?.....all gone. Now we don't have any of the school email, school networks, settings or additional things they had on there.

Apple said to back it up and do a factory reset. Though OK, I'll give it a go. Not enough room on iCloud to back it up...so tried an iTunes back up on my computer. It has never been plugged into the computer, so it wanted to restore from a back up from another device or start afresh completely.

Had to leave it, now without the school stuff on it and still not accessing the apple store.

All of the reasonable ways of backing up not working. Not happy. Now it will have to go back to the the school Tech, who will do everything we tried and then just wipe it....which is what we were trying to avoid.

Not a happy customer at all!

😠

Cannot download apps or login to app store on ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.