Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Inconsistent Artist Names

Thanks for taking the time to read the below:

I'm an iTunes Match user and on the whole am really impressed, however one thing is really bugging me. My iTunes library on my Mac is perfectly configured (artist names, capitalization, genres, etc) and setup. All tracks are downloaded onto my MacBook air locally, I then update Match, pushing all tracks and information into the cloud, this enables me to access all 10,603 track on my ipad and iphone. Why would artist names differ on my ipad and iphone compared to whats been written on my MacBook air? For example on my MacBook air I have written artist names as Linkin Park, Heart Of A Coward, Bring Me The Horizon that appear on my ipad and iphone as LINKIN PARK, Heart of a coward, Bring Me the Horizon. Ive checked, updated and updated and updated and for some reason the names will not change to how they appear on my MacBook Air. Is anybody able to shed any light.

Many thanks in advance

MacBook Air, iOS 8.2, null

Posted on Apr 16, 2015 7:31 AM

2 replies

Apr 17, 2015 4:50 AM in response to Jimzgoldfinch

Thanks for your response Jim.

Yes these albums were purchased directly from the iTunes store. They appear correctly on my MacBook Air as ive tweaked the naming and then re loaded to the cloud via Match however they do no appear correctly on my phone which streams directly from match. Randomly other albums ive downloaded from iTunes and tweaked show correctly. How do I attempt to make changes multiple times, by clicking on update match, or deleting the album on my MacBook and re downloading several times?

Cheers,

Adam

Inconsistent Artist Names

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.