Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Air to sleep also makes secondary display sleep.

I connect my turned-on but asleep (screen closed) Macbook Air (13-inch, Mid 2013) to an external Dell monitor using an Apple DVI to Thunderbolt adapter. After a few key presses to "wake" the MBAir the secondary display wakes and displays my desktop and login query. I login and then shortly thereafter the screen goes dark and I cannot wake the MBAir again. I have to disconnect the secondary display and eventually the MBAir will wake so I can use its screen. I have checked the arrangements of displays in System Preferences/Displays/Arrangement and it shows one screen on top of the other.

I am at a loss as to what is going on here. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

Posted on Apr 16, 2015 7:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 6:36 AM

As seems to happen far too often (and I apologize) after I've posted a query for a problem I seem to figure it out for myself. The switch to "gather" the two displays into one was checked. I don't recall doing that myself, but anyway, once unchecked that solved the problem.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 19, 2015 6:36 AM in response to SIBoyd

As seems to happen far too often (and I apologize) after I've posted a query for a problem I seem to figure it out for myself. The switch to "gather" the two displays into one was checked. I don't recall doing that myself, but anyway, once unchecked that solved the problem.

Macbook Air to sleep also makes secondary display sleep.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.