Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 4s keeps restarting when charged.

My phone has been completely fine, then this morning it just shut down. I tried to turn it back on and it wouldn't then I plugged it into the charging adapter and then it turned on successfully. But after a few seconds of it being on it restarted again. Every time it turns back on to the home screen it will restart within thirty seconds. This is it all happening while it's being charged, not while it's off the adapter. I would do a complete restore the only problem is I am out of the country and if I do that I'll deactivate my SIM card. Any suggestions?

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.3, null

Posted on Apr 16, 2015 7:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 12:57 AM

I seem to have this problem as well, and only after iOS 8.3. Repeatedly reboots while charging/connected to Mac. My workaround which seems to work: ensure the screen is turned ON while charging/connected. Go to Settings>General>Auto-Lock, set to "Never". Then turn down the brightness all the way to save your battery power. You can revert to your original Auto-Lock setting when done charging. Hope this helps. We need a fix for this annoying bug asap.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2015 12:57 AM in response to bperez1995

I seem to have this problem as well, and only after iOS 8.3. Repeatedly reboots while charging/connected to Mac. My workaround which seems to work: ensure the screen is turned ON while charging/connected. Go to Settings>General>Auto-Lock, set to "Never". Then turn down the brightness all the way to save your battery power. You can revert to your original Auto-Lock setting when done charging. Hope this helps. We need a fix for this annoying bug asap.

May 4, 2015 1:37 AM in response to bperez1995

Hi bperez1995, a quick update -- I resetted my 4S settings and it has been stable for a few days now when charging/connected to the computer. Try the following (you won't lose apps or data, however your phone settings will revert to the default): Go to Settings>General>Reset>Reset All Settings. This seems to have resolved my infinite-reboot problem.

May 4, 2015 9:33 AM in response to bperez1995

Something else to try. Turn off Field Test Mode (the ability to see signal strength in numbers rather than dots). Seems to have worked for me. You can google iphone Field Test Mode for more information or go to the phone dialer, enter *3001#12345#*, and hit call. This will enter Field Test Mode. Hit the home button to close. This turns of the signal strength numbers. For me it appears to have fixed the restarting when charging problem.

Iphone 4s keeps restarting when charged.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.