Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to make multiple headers for a single pages doc

Hi,

I am trying to submit works of short fiction to markets such as Asimov's and Analog. Their online submission guidelines typically call out a format like the one described here;

http://www.shunn.net/format/store.html

This seems like a very reasonable thing to want to do with Pages.

I can match this format beautifully in Pages, with one exception. The format they are asking for has a word count in the header of page one, and on the subsequent pages a header that looks like "Story title / author name / page #". I can't figure out how to do this.

Question 1.) Is it possible to do this at all in Pages (iOS or OSX)?

Question 2.) If so, how?

Question 3.) Is there a ready-made template for this, for iOS, anywhere that I may download or purchase?

Thanks -

C

iPad 2

Posted on Apr 16, 2015 8:24 AM

1 reply

Apr 17, 2015 6:45 AM in response to baffled in baltimore

1. For the time being, I can only respond to Pages for iOS. OS X I'll need to check when I get home (or perhaps someone else will beat me to it). You may wish to post in the Pages for Mac forum for better exposure.
  2. In Pages for iOS you are limited to a single header and footer. There is no Section structure so no way to do different headers/Footers for different pages (as you can do in MS word for example). To modify the Header and insert the text you want: Tap the Tools icon (wrench in upper right), then Document Set up. Tap in the header field, then tap and hold to use the menu to insert pages numbers, then type the text you need.
  3. Quite possibly. Check the app store. Or you may be able to set this up in Pages for OS X and import it into Pages on the iPad. I'm not certain the sections will import however.

Also consider using a different app, such as word for iOS or any of the numerous other word processing apps available.

How to make multiple headers for a single pages doc

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.