Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad 3 charging adapter not supported.

I'm trying to charge my iPad 3 (wifi only) using the A/C charging adapter that came with the iPad, but I get the message "This accessory may not be supported." Why am I getting this message? The battery icon at the top of the screen says "Not charging.", or shows the battery level in white, as opposed to green when charging. The iPad still charges under these conditions, but very slowly.

iPad 2, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 16, 2015 8:55 AM

2 replies

Apr 19, 2015 10:40 AM in response to jhobanion

There were some iPhone fires caused by off-brand cables and Apple was blamed. IOS-8 ensures that only approved cables will be used. However, it appears that it has been incorrectly identifying true Apple cables as non-approved!

If your cable is not Apple, your only option is to replace it with an Apple cable. If you do have an Apple cable, you need to contact Apple support - 800-275-2273 in the U.S.A. and I think Canada. If an Apple Store is convenient for you, a visit there is probably a better solution (there is no charge)

iPad 3 charging adapter not supported.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.