Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to add an album to a playlist in iTunes 12.

The purpose of iTunes 12 seems to be to drive me mad. I wish to add an album to a playlist but it has defeated me for two days. I can make e new folder in the old playlist but when I try to move the album a new pair of list appears neither bearing the new empty folder. I must be missing something simple!Anyone help, please?

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2011), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 16, 2015 8:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2015 2:59 PM

If the playlists column is enabled down the left hand side of the screen, select the album, and drag it to the playlist. If the column is not enabled select the album and drag it to the left of the screen, a list of playlists will appear, drop it on the one you want to add to. If needed click the word Playlists above the media viewer to show your playlists. Note you can only add songs to regular playlists, not smart playlists or playlist folders.

tt2

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 16, 2015 2:59 PM in response to DFFL

If the playlists column is enabled down the left hand side of the screen, select the album, and drag it to the playlist. If the column is not enabled select the album and drag it to the left of the screen, a list of playlists will appear, drop it on the one you want to add to. If needed click the word Playlists above the media viewer to show your playlists. Note you can only add songs to regular playlists, not smart playlists or playlist folders.

tt2

How to add an album to a playlist in iTunes 12.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.