Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

camera on iphone 6 does not want to work it is just black

My camera on my iphone 6 does not want to work. I turn it on and its just black the icon for the flash does not come out either. I tried downloading an camera app and it says to change privacy settings but when i go to privacy settings it is on. need help

iPhone 6, iOS 8.2

Posted on Apr 16, 2015 8:16 AM

1 reply

Apr 19, 2015 8:53 AM in response to deliciaalvarez

Hello deliciaalvarez,

After reviewing your post, it sounds like the camera on the iPhone is black. I would recommend that you read this article, it may be able to help the issue.

Get help with the camera on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you see a closed lens or black screen when you open the Camera app, try these steps:

1. Make sure that there’s nothing blocking the camera lens. If you’re using a case, try removing it.
  2. Force the app to close, then open the Camera app again.
  3. Restart your device, then open the Camera app again.
  4. If your device has a front and rear camera, try both cameras by tapping User uploaded file (camera swap icon). If you see the closed lens or black screen on only one camera, take your device to an Apple Retail Store or Authorized Service Provider for more help.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Have a nice day,

Mario

camera on iphone 6 does not want to work it is just black

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.