Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New OD - stop importing!

I am setting up a new Yos server, as a standalone - but on each attempt it insists on bringing in all the users and groups on my old Snow Leopard server (because it's an OD master).

So I can't create a new OD on the new server with some of the same user names - and I can't create any groups with the same names as on the old server.

How do I stop the new server setup from pulling in the old OD?

Posted on Apr 16, 2015 8:18 AM

3 replies

Apr 17, 2015 2:06 AM in response to jeremy bloomfield

So do you want to have this new server running alongside the old one - or set up the new server for a subset of users and then decommission the SL server? If alongside, is it for redundancy or to provide a sperate set of services for a subset of users?

If alongside for redundancy, thne it makse sense to let it use the existing OD.

If it's for one of the other purposes, you'll need to:

1. Set the new server up in islation from the old one (this allows you to create a new OD master)

2. Configure services

3. If you need to copy/move user data from the SL server, you'll have to take services on the SL server offline for the time it takes to copy/move.

New OD - stop importing!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.