Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a iMac computer and I have store my dvd collection on it. I have a wifi tv how do I connect them both

I have just stored my dvd collection on my iMac computer! I want to watch them on my TV which also is wifi .how or can I connect them so I can watch my movies

Posted on Apr 16, 2015 9:37 AM

3 replies

Apr 16, 2015 10:28 AM in response to wilson1955

wilson1955 wrote:

I have just stored my dvd collection on my iMac computer! I want to watch them on my TV which also is wifi .how or can I connect them so I can watch my movies

This is very simple, you need to get an AppleTV and then you can stream the dvd's to your TV. I have a collection of hundreds of dvds and have been doing this for quite some time now. You can get an AppleTV refurbished now from Apple for only $59 (highly recommended), if you are in the USA the link is:

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/specialdeals/appletv

You will need to move the dvds into iTunes and then play from your AppleTV using the Home Sharing feature in iTunes.

If you have not considered an AppleTV before I'd recommend looking into it, this is the easiest and most reliable method out there.

Apr 21, 2015 6:27 PM in response to wilson1955

If your wifi tv has apps, you can stream your movies to your tv using the very popular and widely-used Plex app. See this videofor google for "plex + smart tv + mac" to read more about it.

If your TV does not support Plex app, you could stream your videos/content from your computer to your tv in other ways:

Chromecast:

Buy a chromecast dongle ($35) and stream movies from your mac to your tv using the chromecast plugin in the chrome browser. Not only that, you can also stream other content from your mac/smart phone/tablet/desktop with chromecast.

Roku:

You could buy a base model Roku ($49) and install Plex app on it and stream videos from your computer to your tv. You could also do a lot more with Roku too.

Apple TV:

Or you could buy Apple TV (starting $69) and stream your movies to your TV. Again Apple TV also offers a lot more than just streaming your content to the TV.

I have a iMac computer and I have store my dvd collection on it. I have a wifi tv how do I connect them both

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.