Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Classic does not connect with iTunes 12.1.2.27

This weekend I updated my Mac (10.10.3) and iTunes (12.1.2.27). Somewhere along the way, my ipod classic stopped being able to connect with iTunes. From the iPod perspective, it would start to connect and then jump to the disconnect screen. Nothing apparent ever happened on the Mac desktop or in iTunes. I followed all of the suggestions I could find in this board for getting the ipod to connect with no change in the situation at all.

I remembered that I had an old iMac kicking around running 10.6.8 and iTunes 11.4. Connected the iPod Classic to it and it just worked. At least I have an option to update files on the ipod now. Are we to assume that the Classic isn't supported any more now that Apple isn't selling them?

Mac mini (Late 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 16, 2015 9:39 AM

1 reply

iPod Classic does not connect with iTunes 12.1.2.27

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.