Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't edit text in pages document

I created a poster and now it won't let me edit text....help please?? ty

Pages-OTHER, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 16, 2015 10:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2015 10:59 AM

Menu > View > Show Layout/Invisibles

Now go command a (Select All)

What do you see?

Do you see any boxes around your objects with light crosses on the corners? They are locked.

click on them > Menu > Arrange > Unlock

The other possibility is you have moved the objects to the Section Master:

Menu > Arrange > Section Master > Make Master Objects Selectable

Or if you click on the text area and then see small white boxes on the corners and a group of objects moves together

Menu > Arrange > Ungroup

You have shown me only the poster, out of context and without any of the surrounding format options, so it is hard to tell anything about it. Even whether you are in Pages. It could even be a pdf file.

Peter

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 17, 2015 10:59 AM in response to frankfromnanaimo

Menu > View > Show Layout/Invisibles

Now go command a (Select All)

What do you see?

Do you see any boxes around your objects with light crosses on the corners? They are locked.

click on them > Menu > Arrange > Unlock

Or if you click on the text area and then see small white boxes on the corners and a group of objects moves together

Menu > Arrange > Ungroup

You have shown me only the poster, out of context and without any of the surrounding format options, so it is hard to tell anything about it. Even whether you are in Pages. It could even be a pdf file.

Peter

Apr 17, 2015 10:59 AM in response to PeterBreis0807

BINGO!!! What's odd though is that it was CHECKED - so I unchecked it and I can edit the text!!! Thank you. But it seems reverse of what you'd think. I would think that if it was checked it'd allow access????

I have no idea how that got selected, but I really appreciate your guidance!!! Thank you so much!!

I can't edit text in pages document

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.