Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need Java for OS X 2013-005 — where do I get it?

A key website for me has updated its Java requirements as of today. For some reason Java is not in evidence on my iMac, although it seemed to be doing its job until today. The catch is that I'm on Snow Leopard, which I realize Apple no longer supports. I'd still like to try installing the final Java Snow Leopard update (I know, it's a long shot) but it's not available through Software Update and I can't find it on the Apple site.

Suggestions welcome — but preferably not a lecture that I should be on Yosemite.

24 inch Intel Core Duo iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8), 2.8 GHz, 4GB ram

Posted on Apr 16, 2015 11:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2015 12:24 PM

This was the last one for Snow Leopard.

Java for Mac OS X 10.6 Update 17

5 replies

Apr 16, 2015 1:09 PM in response to duncantho

Yes, you're likely correct. The version of Java for Snow Leopard is too old to function correctly with that site.

When you have Yosemite installed, pick up Java 8 from Oracle (Apple stopped altering Oracle's Java to work with OS X after version 6). The latest version, unbelievably, installs adware if you aren't paying attention. Or at least it did. I downloaded it again just now, and the adware option is gone. I don't know if that means it now installs the adware without giving you a check box (as it did before) to opt out, or if Oracle was deluged with angry emails and phone calls asking just what in the he** they thought they were doing.

I need Java for OS X 2013-005 — where do I get it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.