Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't download an app on my iPod Touch 4G

So recently, I picked up an iPod Touch 4G and I went into the app store and attempted to download Spotify. When I entered my apple password, I came up with the error "Your device must have iOS 7 or up". The problem is that iOS 6 is the only iOS my iPod will support! I cant upgrade it to iOS 7 otherwise I would upgrade it even though I prefer the icon style of iOS 6. So my question is how can I install Spotify on my iPod? Is there a way I can get my iPod to install the last known compatible version?

iOS 6.1.6

Posted on Apr 16, 2015 11:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2015 12:55 PM

Try:

Starting when iOS 7 was released, Apple now allows downloading the last compatible version of some apps (iOS 4.2.1 and later only)

App Store: Downloading Older Versions of Apps on iOS - Apple Club

App Store: Install the latest compatible version of an app

You first have to download the non-compatible version on your computer. Then when you try to purchase the version on your iPod you will be offered a compatible version if one exists.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 16, 2015 12:55 PM in response to RyanJSGames

Try:

Starting when iOS 7 was released, Apple now allows downloading the last compatible version of some apps (iOS 4.2.1 and later only)

App Store: Downloading Older Versions of Apps on iOS - Apple Club

App Store: Install the latest compatible version of an app

You first have to download the non-compatible version on your computer. Then when you try to purchase the version on your iPod you will be offered a compatible version if one exists.

I can't download an app on my iPod Touch 4G

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.