Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

office 365 subscription renewal problem

About 7 weeks ago I received a reminder that my Office 365 subscription would be automatically renewed through iTunes. Recently, it was indeed renewed and my account was charged 119.99. Moreover when I sign into my Apple account, it correctly shows that the subscription is active for another year. The problem is as follows: When I log into my actual Office account, Microsoft says my subscription has expired and I need to renew. While so far my office applications seem to still work (on my Windows computers and iPad), I have lost my 1Tb of OneDrive storage and am unable to manage my installs. I'm afraid that soon the applications will stop working completely. Anybody else experiencing this issue?

Posted on Apr 16, 2015 12:33 PM

6 replies

Apr 27, 2015 9:32 AM in response to Rail43

I'm not sure if the fault lies with Apple or Microsoft. Somehow the communication is broken such that Microsoft does not (in some cases at least) recognize an Office 365 subscription autorenewal through iTunes. In any case, I suggest you simplyrenew your subscription through MS, and then obtain a refund from Apple. This essentially resolved the issue for me.

Apr 17, 2015 7:02 AM in response to mronik

As of today, I also cannot properly access my Office programs. Like you, this is a catastrophe for me since I depend on Office for my work. I contacted Microsoft (by chat) and told them that (1) although my subscription was autorenewed on iTunes for one year, and (2) that I had the receipt from iTunes store to prove it, Microsoft nonetheless proceeded to cancel the subscription after only two 2 days. The help person informed me that nothing could be done by Microsoft, and that I had to get in touch with Apple. I sent Apple an email yesterday, and hopefully they will get back to me very soon with an immediate solution to this EXTREMELY ANNOYING PROBLEM😠.

Apr 23, 2015 9:09 PM in response to ifonefanatic

I am experiencing the same problem. Office 365 on iTunes automatically renewed, however on my microsoft account, it has been deactivated. I called microsoft support and they told me (I may heard wrong through an unclear phone connection) that a "deactiavated subscription" cannot be re-activated. So before they agreed to look in to it, they initially suggested that I purchase another subscription.

Apple support confirmed the renewal on April 3, but my microsoft subscription was deactivated several days after the expiry date on April 4.

Apr 24, 2015 6:12 AM in response to isadjo

My issue has now been resolved. In summary: My Office 365 subscription was autorenewed by iTunes but for whatever reason it was cancelled a few days later by Microsoft. Microsoft then informed me that there was no Office 365 subscription associated with my account, and that as far as they were concerned the only way I would be able to access my programs was to renew the subscription through them.....which I did for $99. I then requested refund from the iTunes store, which was granted. So.......it was an annoying issue, and I wasted considerable time going back and forth between Apple and Microsoft, but now all seems good.

office 365 subscription renewal problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.