Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Red static, flashing screen on Apple TV. Brand new

I have three TV's in my house and the Apple TV is not working on any of them. The only results I get is on one TV, which is a red, static flashing screen vaguely displaying the setup screen. I have tried 5 different cables and a converter box, still with no results. I have taken the Apple TV to work where I hooked it up to a TV, my computer monitor, tested all 5 cables and it works fine. All my TV's at home have multiple HDMI ports and it doesn't work with any one of them.

I have also done the reset through ITunes, tried again with no results. Brought it back to work and it still works there. The TV's in my home are about 7 years old, could they be out of date already?! This is why I don't try to keep up to date with electronics. As soon as you buy something it it's already out of date. It's like buying a car ... depreciates $3000 as soon as it leaves the lot. Products are manufactured, released and the new version has already been built just waiting around for 6 months to be released. I hate this because I now have a paperweight that can't be returned because my wife purchased it through Groupon and they have a 14 day return policy which has lapsed.

cables I've tried

Amazon cable with Ethernet

1.4B

?

?

Not sure what the other 2 are

Does anyone want to buy a paperweight?

Posted on Apr 16, 2015 12:13 PM

1 reply

Red static, flashing screen on Apple TV. Brand new

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.