Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Store shows 5.2 as installed, but 5.1.2 is still starting

Hi all,

I have just done the update to Motion 5.2 via Appstore. App store shows the update as installed (see Screenshot 2 ). When I now start Motion 5.1.2 is starting. See Screenshot 1. Even the Info in the applications folder for motion shows a change date from the update time, but also 5.2.1

Any ideas?

Thanks Unsu22

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 16, 2015 12:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2015 4:08 PM

Here's what I would check.

1. Make sure you don't actually both installed on your computer, this includes connected drives or other partitions. I've seen people here have problems when they have apps from the app store installed on multiple partitions or drives. If you do, and you are keeping them around for archival purposes, save it to an archive (.zip) and throw out the uncompressed version by moving it to the trash and emptying it. You could also try ejecting the other drives and then try the update again.

2. Drag the Application to the trash and empty the trash, then re-install from the App Store.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 16, 2015 4:08 PM in response to unsu22

Here's what I would check.

1. Make sure you don't actually both installed on your computer, this includes connected drives or other partitions. I've seen people here have problems when they have apps from the app store installed on multiple partitions or drives. If you do, and you are keeping them around for archival purposes, save it to an archive (.zip) and throw out the uncompressed version by moving it to the trash and emptying it. You could also try ejecting the other drives and then try the update again.

2. Drag the Application to the trash and empty the trash, then re-install from the App Store.

App Store shows 5.2 as installed, but 5.1.2 is still starting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.