Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple watch & Bluetooth

Hi all.

So I have 2 questions about the Apple Watch and Bluetooth:

1 - Can you use ANY Bluetooth chest strap heart rate monitor with the Apple Watch?

2 - Can you pair 2 bluetooth devices with the watch (ie Bluetooth earphones and a Bluetooth heart rate monitor). If needed, can it be paired with the iPhone and 2 devices just while it learns my pace?

Posted on Apr 16, 2015 1:25 PM

1 reply

Apr 19, 2015 12:26 PM in response to macleod2024

Hey macleod2024,

Thanks for a really interesting question about the Apple Watch. I am looking forward to getting my own soon and so questions about this product always interest me.

The Apple Watch uses its own built in heart rate sensor. This article describes it and how it works -

Your heart rate. What it means, and where on Apple Watch you’ll find it. - Apple Support

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Happy computing,

Brett L

Apple watch & Bluetooth

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.