Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Ipod 5 generation is literally dead...

So I have an Ipod 5 and it was running verry well, but last week I was using it like every other time, and 2 minutes after it turned off by itself. I tried to plug it and everything but my computer wouldnt reconize it and I can't reboot it since I broke the home button. 5 minutes after it turned back on with the apple logo as if it ran out of batteries but it was full... Then I thought it was just a normal bug, but it happened again this morning and now it's been 10 hours and it still dead black... Even my computer doesn't know it's pluged in. There are no response from anything, it's just dead... I need to get it back working. There are important pictures I need to get back for one of my project.

iPod touch (5th generation), iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 16, 2015 1:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2015 1:45 PM

Try:

- iOS: Not responding or does not turn on

- Also try DFU mode after try recovery mode

How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings

- If not successful and you can't fully turn the iOS device fully off, let the battery fully drain. After charging for an least an hour try the above again.

- Try another cable

- Try on another computer

- If still not successful that usually indicates a hardware problem and an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store is in order.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 16, 2015 1:45 PM in response to MrHaphazard

Try:

- iOS: Not responding or does not turn on

- Also try DFU mode after try recovery mode

How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings

- If not successful and you can't fully turn the iOS device fully off, let the battery fully drain. After charging for an least an hour try the above again.

- Try another cable

- Try on another computer

- If still not successful that usually indicates a hardware problem and an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store is in order.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

My Ipod 5 generation is literally dead...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.