Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is anyone else experiencing their phone randomly locking up and going to a blue screen after the most recent update?

iPhone 5s Random Blue Screen after last Update

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 16, 2015 1:31 PM

9 replies

Apr 16, 2015 8:45 PM in response to tmojo

Yes I am experiencing my iPhone 5s freeze at times and/or shut down to a blue screen than reboot on it’s own. A couple times it has gone black and than rebooted. And a few times I have had to hold down the home button and top botton to get it back on. This is happening several times a day. It happened at least 5 today. 😕

Apr 17, 2015 2:28 AM in response to deggie

If I ever had a device that had such a problem I would take it to the manufacturer's service facility for diagnosis. If I were going to try to troubleshoot it myself I would reinstall the OS. But I certainly wouldn't just post a question if it had ever happened to anyone else, because knowing that would not provide aany information about what to do about it. It's pretty obvious that with 700 million devices running iOS just about any problem has happened more than once.

I also wouldn't put up with it for more than a day before doing something about it.

Apr 17, 2015 6:32 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

I have had 9 iOS devices either just show the apple log and go black or a dead battery even thou they were on the chargers for hours.

I brought them to the Apple store. No one could give me an answer as to why it did it. All you have to do to fix it is do this:

To put your device into recovery mode, follow these steps:

1. Turn off your device and leave it off.
  2. Plug in your device's USB cable to a computer with iTunes.
  3. Hold down the Home button on your device as you connect the USB cable. ...
  4. When you see this screen, release the Home button.

From the consensus of the people in my office that did the iOS 8.3 update. The ones that did the update while the iPhone or iPad was on a charger are not experiancing any issues. The ones that did the update without being on a charger are the ones experianceing the issues at hand.

Apr 17, 2015 8:15 PM in response to tmojo

I am also seeing this issue since iOS 8.3 on my 5s. Most recently using music app on Bluetooth I pressed pause, then went to phone and tapped a recent call to dial and the phone blue screened and rebooted to apple logo twice. This is the 5th random occurrence of this. Previously happened on Bluetooth a couple times also. I use a BT450 Bluetooth device in the car and this has never ever been an issue before and I baby my devices. To those who keep saying restore the phone this is clearly a new bug. No new apps have been installed since the update. I also have a 4s that has had random reboots without the blue screen since the update. I keep the 4s plugged in during the day and came home to the apple logo screen and constant reboots. Both devices were perfectly stable without any issues prior to the update. My iPad Air2 has not had the issue yet.

Apr 17, 2015 8:27 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Your post is so useful indicating what you wouldn't do. Some people here are intelligent enough to give good advice in fact many of us actually might provide support for a living thereby not assuming every problem is hardware related or has been immediately seen in the Apple Store. I certainly wouldn't waste people's time with demeaning sarcasm but I'm sure you probably have nothing better to do.

Is anyone else experiencing their phone randomly locking up and going to a blue screen after the most recent update?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.