Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't see the bottom of my Rosetta Stone

When I had my Macbook Pro, I had the ability to forward thru lessons because of the bar at the bottom of the Rosetta Stone page. When I changed over to the Macbook Air (updated to 10.10.3), the screen is a bit shorter and I can't get to the bottom of the Rosetta Stone screen to skip certain pages or go back, or pause.

I've tried hitting the escape button to take it out of full screen mode.

I've tried just clicking the yellow button.

I've tried clicking the green button.

I've tried pinching.

I've tried moving the mouse over to the edge. I can get it to be narrower, but I can't get the mouse to appear diagonally to change the height.

I'm at a loss as to what to do. Please help.

The display is set at "default for display".

MacBook Air

Posted on Apr 16, 2015 1:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 12:02 PM

Hey bigalwood,

You may need to change the display resolution on your MacBook Pro to be able to see the entire Rosetta Stone page. The software manufacturer may have some recommendations for optimal settings.

OS X Yosemite: Adjust your display’s resolution
https://support.apple.com/kb/PH19043?locale=en_US

Set the resolution for your primary display

1. Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Displays, then click Display.

2. Select Scaled, then select one of the scaled resolution options.

Have a great day,

- Judy

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 19, 2015 12:02 PM in response to bigalwood

Hey bigalwood,

You may need to change the display resolution on your MacBook Pro to be able to see the entire Rosetta Stone page. The software manufacturer may have some recommendations for optimal settings.

OS X Yosemite: Adjust your display’s resolution
https://support.apple.com/kb/PH19043?locale=en_US

Set the resolution for your primary display

1. Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Displays, then click Display.

2. Select Scaled, then select one of the scaled resolution options.

Have a great day,

- Judy

Oct 12, 2015 6:01 AM in response to bigalwood

This was not a problem in version 4.5.5 or previous of the program because you can activate 'Full Screen' mode and you are able to see it all on the 11" Macbook Air screen. Ever since they upgraded to version 5+ they removed the full screen feature. I was in contact with them earlier this year and they said there was nothing they could do. I bought the macbook air because of how easy it is to use on flights and since Rosetta Stone worked fine on the 11", it factored into my decision to get the smaller laptop. At one point with my correspondence with Rosetta Stone they actually told me to buy a laptop with a larger screen; awesome advice.

I am now currently running both versions of the application; version 4.5.5 so I can actually use it in full screen and see what I am doing; and also the version 5+ in hopes that there would be an update soon to bring back full screen. Nothing so far. I have a few languages on the computer that show that they require their own updates, but I can't update those without being forced to update the software itself to the newest version; which is not usable.

May 22, 2016 12:43 PM in response to bigalwood

I have a 13¨ Macbook Pro, with the same issue; I can see some of the bottom with the default display, but not all. I found on other discussion pages that changing the display away from Default to Scaled, then moving one choice to the right to 1440x900 worked for me; it manages to show all the screen, and allow me to move between lessons or to pause it. Of course, it makes everything smaller, but still a failure of standard programming in display scale for Rosetta Stone. Nice program, but still so many basic errors.

Can't see the bottom of my Rosetta Stone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.