Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendar sync via iTunes problems since Yosemite upgrade

With Mavericks, sync between my iOS 8.3 iPhone 5s and my MacBook Pro retina went very well:

• Changes on the Mac Calendar were adapted to the iOS Calendar.
  • Changes iOS Calendar went into the Mac Calendar.

Since I upgraded my Mac from Mavericks to MacOS 10.10.2 Yosemite, the mentioned sync doesn't work anymore:

• I edited a calendar event on my Mac. After sync, the changed event is created as a new additional event in my iPhone calendar.
  • When I create a calendar event in my iPhone, it does not appear in my Mac calendar after sync.

The problem still persists after updating to the current versions of MacOS 10.10.3 and iTunes 12.1.2.27. While I started to use iCloud with Yosemite in general, I did never use the iCloud calendar plugin—it has been all the way deactivated on iCloud system settings. I don't want to use iCloud for this.

Are these new sync problems known bugs or are there any solutions or workarounds?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 16, 2015 1:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 10:43 AM

Okay one problem is solved: I deactivated a third party firewall on my Mac and Calendar events that were changed there were changed on the other device after syncing, too. Obviously, Yosemite iTunes Calendar syncing needs some more network connection, than was needed with Mavericks. After correcting the firewall rule, this works fine.

Turning off the firewall had no effect on the syncing of new events from the iPhone to the Mac. Any suggestions?

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 18, 2015 10:43 AM in response to Marcui

Okay one problem is solved: I deactivated a third party firewall on my Mac and Calendar events that were changed there were changed on the other device after syncing, too. Obviously, Yosemite iTunes Calendar syncing needs some more network connection, than was needed with Mavericks. After correcting the firewall rule, this works fine.

Turning off the firewall had no effect on the syncing of new events from the iPhone to the Mac. Any suggestions?

Calendar sync via iTunes problems since Yosemite upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.