Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipod wouldnt sync even after restoring

so i plugged in my ipod (classic, 6th gen, 120 gb) like i do, ive had it for years upon years but this one time i got an error message telling me there was a duplicate & that it couldnt be synced so i looked around. tried a number of things, put it into disk mode, reformatted it, restored it a bunch, disk checked it (showed no errors). it syncs up to a point where a message "'name of random song' cant be synced" upon which it wont continue to sync & then i get an error message saying " data cant read or written to the ipod" which is odd because it syncs, just not fully..have no idea at all, what to do now, help! please.

iPod classic

Posted on Apr 16, 2015 2:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2015 12:58 PM

bump

21 replies

Jun 21, 2015 8:35 AM in response to landon dippy

Try the DFU restore method. Check the stats after the restore to make sure all of the pendings have turned into reallocs. Use the break up large transfers method to repopulate. If you're lucky it may all work out first time, or it may take a couple of cycles to map out any other bad areas that have yet to be detected. If the numbers just keep getting higher with each attempt then at some point you may have to decide that it has had its day.

tt2

ipod wouldnt sync even after restoring

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.