Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

email app not working on iphone 4S

Hi, my email app is not working at all.

I tried emailing about 10 photos or so via email and since then I have not been able to open the email app.

When I try clicking into the email app it comes up blank and shuts down after 10 seconds. It does however show me still how many unread emails I have on the home screen yet I can't open it.

I have tried restarting my phone, deleting and adding my email account again but nothing seems to work.

I've even gone into my email account via my computer, the account seems to be fine except the email I tried sending with the photos is not in my sent items. I suspect its somewhere in the unknown trying to get through.

Can anyone help please!

iPhone 4S

Posted on Apr 16, 2015 5:08 PM

1 reply

Apr 19, 2015 1:57 PM in response to iliana.p

Hi iliana.p,

If you are having issues with your iPhone's Mail application not launching, you may want to try some things to troubleshoot.

First, quit all running applications and test again -

Force an app to close in iOS

Next, I would try restarting and if needed resetting the iPhone -

Restart or reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the issue is still present, you may want to restore the iPhone as a new device -

How to erase your iOS device and then set it up as a new device or restore it from backups

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Brett L

email app not working on iphone 4S

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.