Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I updated iOS 8,3 on my iPhone 6. Can I reverse the previous update? iOS 8.2?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Apr 16, 2015 5:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2015 5:13 PM

No. But if you post why you think you might want to revert someone may be able to help.

5 replies

Apr 16, 2015 5:19 PM in response to Med. student MBA

There have been posts like yours after every update since iOS 1.0.1, 2007. The problem is corrupted data or settings during the update. Downgrading, even if supported, wouldn't help at all.

Assuming the phone was never hacked/jailbroken (the most common cause of your issues), try these steps as needed:

Reset phone (no data loss): press both the home and lock buttons for at least 10 seconds, releasing when the Apple logo appears

Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings

Restore to factory settings using iTunes, also restoring a backup

Restore to factory settings as new (no backup restored)

Use iTunes to restore your iOS device to factory settings

Apr 16, 2015 5:22 PM in response to Med. student MBA

Most likely there's an app that got clobbered by the update process. It's sending (or trying to send) data and failing, and it keeps retrying. Or, if you just enabled the new Photos feature, it's busy syncing photos. For that give it a few hours and see if it goes back to normal. You can go to Settings/General/Usage - Battery usage to get an idea of which apps are using the most energy.

The keyboard issue could be related; the CPU is too busy to respond. So fix the battery problem first, and see if the keyboard issue goes away. Also, make sure you have the latest version of WhatsApp.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.