Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FaceTime Audio Time Freeze

Ever since I have updated to Yosemite, mainly happening more during 10.10.3, My FaceTime audio calls have consistently frozen

The call essentially drops out, however rather then hanging up the call the time on the FaceTime window will say the duration of the call up until it froze.

For example, I was on a call last night and continues talking there for a while before realising the call had frozen at 1:35:37 so as a test I left it there for 20 minutes to see if it caught up, it didn't and just remained frozen, the only fix was to hang up and try again, only to have it happen again later.

It has no reason to drop out as we both do not have any other applications open or anything and yet does this quite often, I'm not sure if its an issue in the software but from searching around on the forums I don't seem to see any solution to my problem so far, so any help would be much appreciated.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 16, 2015 3:10 PM

2 replies

Aug 8, 2015 11:27 PM in response to mario49

I have this issue as well, and it only began to appear after I upgraded to Yosemite. Unfortunately the solutions provided in the given article did not help. Furthermore, restarting the app is not always viable as some of my calls stretch through the night and the person on the receiving line is not awake to answer. I am looking for a solution to prevent the app from freezing, not what to do once it does.

FaceTime Audio Time Freeze

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.