Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgraded iCloud Storage not showing up in iCloud Drive

Hi, I upgraded my iCloud storage to 500 GB a few weeks ago. When I go into iCloud under system preferences I can see that 460GB of that is still available. However, when I try to store things in iCloud Drive on my computer it tells me there is only 52gb available. Why is this? Please help, as it is very frustrating! Many thanks.

Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Apr 16, 2015 5:02 PM

1 reply

Apr 19, 2015 1:57 PM in response to mayyou

Hi mayyou,

The resource below explains how to use iCloud Drive and how to manage your iCloud storage. If you need additional support regarding your iCloud account purchased storage, there is a link to the iCloud Support team below:

iCloud Drive FAQ - Apple Support
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201104

How much storage do I have in iCloud Drive and how do I get more?

When you sign up for iCloud, you get 5 GB of free storage. Your iCloud storage is used for iCloud Backup, iCloud Drive, iCloud Photo Library, iCloud Mail (your @icloud.com email account), and data from apps that use iCloud. Your purchased music, apps, books, TV shows, and My Photo Stream don't count against your 5 GB of free storage.

You can manage your iCloud storage or buy more storage using your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, or PC.

Contact Apple Support

Need more help? Save time by starting your support request online and we'll connect you to an expert.

Get started

Have a good weekend,

- Judy

Upgraded iCloud Storage not showing up in iCloud Drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.