Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

undock tabs in motion 5

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to save custom animations I make in motion 5 like I did in 4.
I used to be able to drag the inspector to undock it and the I was able to option drag my parameters used for the animation into the favourites menu but I can't seem to find how to do that in 5?

Cheers

Adam

Posted on Apr 16, 2015 5:07 PM

2 replies

Apr 26, 2015 5:06 AM in response to Adam Mccormick1

So I'm guessing no one knows or can't be done? Yet looking in the user manual it says:

You can save any object in Motion to the Library, including cameras, lights, customized filters and behaviors, groups, and layers (customized particle systems, replicators, shapes, and text). Objects animated with behaviors or keyframes can also be saved to the Library and retain their animation when applied to another project.

To save a behavior to the Library

1. Open the Library and select the Favorites, Favorites Menu, or Behaviors category.
  2. Drag the customized behavior to save from the Layers list, Timeline, or Inspector into the stack at the bottom of the Library.

I know I'm asking about custom animations but the principle is the same. I can't have the inspector and the library open at the same time unless I can separate the tabs or change the layout. Really no one knows this or am I missing something?

Apr 26, 2015 5:17 AM in response to Adam Mccormick1

ok I've found a solution but I can't see anywhere this is mentioned. You can start a new project. Resize both projects to half screen. Open the inspector on one and the library on the other then drag your parameters to the library to create a file. Terrible workaround but I can't see any other way. Hope this helps someone else.

undock tabs in motion 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.