Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple's removal of Purchases

I hope its just a bug and not Apple removing software I purchased from the store.

I just upgraded one of my computers from 10.2 to 10.3.3 and now the aperture icon has a question mark on it and is unusable. When I go hit update aperture on the apple store it says that aperture is no longer available on app store.

Its one thing to stop future sales and support, its another thing to remove software from the store that I purchased. I will stop my rant here and not go into why this is so wrong hoping that someone will tell me its just a bug in the app store and I will be able to download the last version of the aperture software that i PAID for.

Posted on Apr 16, 2015 3:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2015 3:29 PM

If you previously bought or updated Aperture through the Mac App Store, put the existing application into a location Spotlight doesn't index, deleting it from the computer if needed, and then get Aperture from the Purchases tab.

(126153)

6 replies

Apr 16, 2015 3:36 PM in response to Dario Pompei

You should perhaps go read the Terms of Use for the Mac App Store and the iTunes App Store. You need to back up your purchases as there is no guarantee that the software that you buy will always be available for future download, Apple or the developer may decide to remove software.

iPhoto and Aperture have been deprecated for a new Apple app that was installed on your Mac with the 10.10.3 update. The app is called Photos.

Apr 16, 2015 3:59 PM in response to Dah•veed

I will check out Niel's solution shortly and hopefully it works.

Dah•veed. How am I suppose to download the installers from the app store to back them up because if I can, I certainly will? If what you say is truly the case, I will no longer be purchasing from the App store unless I can download the installers. I require the ability to install my software on an old machine 10 years down the road if need be. This scenario has happened to me many times in the past.

As I mentioned there is a difference between them changing course on their software and deleting it from existence. I am not asking them for a newer version, or even having it supporting future versions of OSX. What I do know is that my other machine has the latest version of aperture working on 10.3.3. and that is the version I want to be able to download. Why? because I paid for it.

Apr 16, 2015 4:24 PM in response to Niel

Really? Aren't there applications that put stuff in the system's library folders like Application Support? I know I have tried moving some applications in the past by drag and drop and I get an error that says certain components aren't installed.

Anyways. Niel, your solution worked. I dragged the old one to the trash and then I was able to install a fresh new copy from purchases... Thanks for your help and all is good in Apple land...

Apple's removal of Purchases

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.