Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot send iMessages or text messages

I have an iPhone 5S which I've had for a year, and now my phone will not send iMessages or text messages. My phone had a little fit later on today, constantly vibrating everytime I clicked onto my messages. That stopped after I reset it, but now will not send anything, it also won't send anything via whatsapp, and when I click on my apps such as Facebook and instagram, it just shows a blank screen and then switches back to the home screen. Can anyone help?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 16, 2015 4:50 PM

1 reply

Apr 19, 2015 1:55 PM in response to Samanthalake94

Hey Samanthalake94,

If your apps and messages aren't loading correctly I would start by quitting all the running apps on the phone:

iOS: Force an app to close

Double-click the Home button.

Swipe left or right until you have located the app you wish to close.

Swipe the app up to close it.

When you have done that restart the device and test the issue again:

iOS: Turning off and on (restarting) and resetting

If the issue persists, backup your device to iTunes, then restore it as new and verify that it works.

How to erase your iOS device and then set it up as a new device or restore it from backups

If it does, then restore your backup to either verify it still works and the software just needed reinstalled, or isolate the issue to the backup file itself.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

All the best,

Sterling

Cannot send iMessages or text messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.