Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari 6.2.5 not trusting Thawte root certificates?

I just installed a routine update on my OS X 10.8.5 system, and Safari now gives the "Safari can't verify the identity of the website..." error when connecting to any site those certificate is based on the thawte Primary Root CA certificate. What's bizarre is that Safari shows each level of the trust chain as being valid, so it's not clear why it is giving me the error.

Chrome can connect without an error.

Any, um, thoughts?

User uploaded file

OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), null

Posted on Apr 16, 2015 4:54 PM

2 replies

Apr 20, 2015 9:21 PM in response to Christophe Pettus

Check iTunes and the App Store to see if you are getting internet connection or certificate errors. If so they are all linked together because all the certificates are processed through Safari. The issues lies within the Keychain Access. I tried multiple times trying to Repair and edit certain buggy certificates to no avail. I finally ended up Resetting my Keychain which will result in losing all your passwords, but they will be stored in an .old that you can copy over later. Fortunately for me this restored access to everything. Apple, once again screwing up something with no solution on how to fix it. Thankfully this did it for me. OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.5

Safari 6.2.5 not trusting Thawte root certificates?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.