Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4 not charging properly anymore

So my iPhone was charging pretty normally before. My charger head got a bit wet but I quickly dried it and tried plugging it in. Now the my phone won't display the lighting besides the battery status and won't even connect to my PC anymore. Oddly enough, the battery percentage keeps going up, slowly though. Could I please get any help on that?

iPhone 4, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Apr 16, 2015 6:49 PM

1 reply

Apr 17, 2015 9:20 AM in response to Arxxx

Inspect the charging port area for dirt/debris/fluff build-up that may be preventing a good connection and use a wooden toothpick, soft clean toothbrush, or a can of compressed air to clean it. Also look for bent or broken pins. Try another cable and/or charger block (be sure to always use a genuine Apple certified brand) in a known good outlet. If you're using a USB port, try another port. If you're using a hub, try a direct connection. If you're using a USB port in the front of a desktop computer, try one in the back. If all these fail, make an appointment at your nearest Genius Bar to have the device evaluated.

iPhone 4 not charging properly anymore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.