Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod touch 5g won't turn on

So I've had my ipod touch 5g for about a year now and last night I was using it to watch videos and it was perfectly fine however when I woke this morning it would not turn on. This has happened before where I leave my ipod on hold and when i come back to check something it doesn't seem to respond. What I did every other time is I let the battery drain until I get the little picture that indicates that my ipod needs charging and after that it seems to work fine. My home button doesn't work anymore I've been using the assistive touch so I can't hold the power button and home at the same time. I just want to know why my ipod has been doing this so often and what i can do to fix it. I have tried to connect it to my charger and to my computer I still get no response and my ipod was left on so I know it isn't just turned off. Please help. I appreciate your help. Thank you.

iPod touch

Posted on Apr 16, 2015 5:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2015 2:04 AM

Try the other items of:

- iOS: Not responding or does not turn on

- Also try DFU mode after try recovery mode

How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings

- If not successful and you can't fully turn the iOS device fully off, let the battery fully drain. After charging for an least an hour try the above again.

- Try another cable

- Try on another computer

- If still not successful that usually indicates a hardware problem and an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store is in order.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 17, 2015 2:04 AM in response to yadira18

Try the other items of:

- iOS: Not responding or does not turn on

- Also try DFU mode after try recovery mode

How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings

- If not successful and you can't fully turn the iOS device fully off, let the battery fully drain. After charging for an least an hour try the above again.

- Try another cable

- Try on another computer

- If still not successful that usually indicates a hardware problem and an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store is in order.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

Apr 17, 2015 4:44 AM in response to yadira18

ive had this problem a few times as well, isn't good when my music is pretty much my life line

however i've fixed it every time without having to go to a shop!!

i'd advise you to press and hold the power button and the lock button at the same time until a apple logo appears

i hope it works and if not id say take it into a shop x

Apr 17, 2015 6:59 AM in response to bethyb5

You just repeated what was in my previous reply.

bethyb5 wrote:

ive had this problem a few times as well, isn't good when my music is pretty much my life line

however i've fixed it every time without having to go to a shop!!

i'd advise you to press and hold the power button and the lock button at the same time until a apple logo appears

i hope it works and if not id say take it into a shop x

Apr 19, 2015 12:59 PM in response to yadira18

I have the exact situation and I had to really push on my home button and hold the power button to work because my home button does not work very well. If you cant charge it, or recover it when connected to a computer, I suggest to take it in. There are also a lot of other strategies too and im sure you could find other ideas. But usually the home button/power button option works the best.

Ipod touch 5g won't turn on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.