Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad 3 iOS 8.3 suddenly stopped playing sound on its speakers while on Spotify. Volume max. Side switch not on mute. Tried rebooting thrice. Sounds won't work on other apps. Works with earpods.

My iPad 3 iOS 8.3 suddenly stopped playing sound on its speakers while I was listening on Spotify. Volume was maxxed out. Side switch not on mute. Tried rebooting thrice. Sounds won't work on other apps (Soundcloud, NPR, Clash of Clans). There are sounds when I attached my earpods. I tried the switch to mono solution on the other threads, didn't help either.

My iPad is generally muted because of classes, but when I un-mute it it works fine. It just stopped after one song, and now I can't get it to work. Any thoughts? Thanks.

iPad, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 16, 2015 6:32 PM

4 replies

Apr 18, 2015 3:11 AM in response to gmsg415

Hi!

I've the same issue after updating to iOS 8.3. on iPad 3.

sound is working properly only with headphones attached.

when I tap on AirPlay button it says "Docking connector" while it should "iPad"

when i play with sound settings and try to change e.g. some alert sounds, sound is played and volume slider in control center magically appears.

any other app can't play sound.

is there any fix for that?

Thanks

My iPad 3 iOS 8.3 suddenly stopped playing sound on its speakers while on Spotify. Volume max. Side switch not on mute. Tried rebooting thrice. Sounds won't work on other apps. Works with earpods.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.