Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Since updating to Yosemite I have to turn Home Sharing off and then back on to get it to work. Tried multiple resets. Software up to date.

Since I updated my iMac to Yosemite, I have had to turn off Home Sharing and turn it back on each time I want to use Apple TV. I tried multiple resets of iTunes and Apple TV box. Software up to date. iTunes shows Home Sharing is on, but it does not work until I turn it off and back on. Apple TV is on correct Apple account. Anyone else have this issue?

Apple TV (3rd generation)

Posted on Apr 16, 2015 6:38 PM

2 replies

Apr 21, 2015 11:32 AM in response to DJP in Colorado

I am experiencing a similar issue. I am using the latest iTunes on a Windows 7 64-bit PC and the iPhone Remote app to control my music. The Remote app constantly tells me to turn on home sharing after my phone times out and locks. So I have to turn off home sharing in iTunes and turn it back on, then everything works...

I've also disabled IPv6 to be sure that isn't interfering as well.

Since updating to Yosemite I have to turn Home Sharing off and then back on to get it to work. Tried multiple resets. Software up to date.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.