Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

64gb iPhone 6 says it's full. It's not.

Hi everyone! I've had no issues with my phone until this week.

A prompt suddenly came up and said i was running out of space, so i checked and had 1gb remaining-while crazy since I always have 20gb free, I did just go on vacation and took pictures- so I moved my pictures (about 2gb total) to my HDD and deleted those on my phone. Checked my memory usage and only had 0gb remaining. Did both a soft and hard reset and I jumped to 441mb remaining. I did that trick of manually jumping time to automatically remove the pictures from the recently deleted and still only had a few hundred megs.

I hooked up my phone to iTunes and that usage bar is less than half full (adds to about 25gb) but only registers 441mb remaining. Any ideas? I'm on 8.3 since last week but to be fair if this memory issue started then I hadn't noticed yet.

Any help would be appreciated I'm just afraid the only solution would be a factory reset. Thanks.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 16, 2015 8:57 PM

2 replies

Apr 21, 2015 8:50 PM in response to deggie

*UPDATE*

a restore from backup sorta worked, but not entirely. I did the restore but after all that, my usage on my phone said all I had was 5gb free. I sorta gave up and decided to live with it; the next morning it actually dropped to 3.9gb free, BUT by afternoon it was fine. 37.4gb free.

I have no clue what it could have been but now its fine. I can only assume the restore took awhile to work but that doesn't seem right. thanks for the help

64gb iPhone 6 says it's full. It's not.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.