Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unknown artist and folder issue/itunes mac

So, for some reason, some albums imported to itunes get sorted in "unknown artist/unknown album" folder on the harddrive. I mean, in itunes they are where they're supposed to, but they dont show up under the right artist folder in Finder/harddrive.
Is there any way to fix this?
I ask, because sometimes I try and be clever and do backup, but I just realised that there are hours worth of music that I havent backupped, cause it's hidden in some unknow folder.

Help?

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Apr 16, 2015 11:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 10:06 AM

I had the same problem, then I marked in Preferences/Advanced/ Keep iTunes Media folder organized, and then all songs in unknown folder went to the right place.

3 replies

Apr 17, 2015 6:17 AM in response to AnrBjötk

AnrBjötk wrote:

So, for some reason, some albums imported to itunes get sorted in "unknown artist/unknown album" folder on the harddrive. I mean, in itunes they are where they're supposed to, but they dont show up under the right artist folder in Finder/harddrive.

When the tracks are added to iTunes, iTunes will file them according to how the files are tagged.

I ask, because sometimes I try and be clever and do backup, but I just realised that there are hours worth of music that I havent backupped, cause it's hidden in some unknow folder.

Help?

Keep your library consolidated, and make sure to back up the entire iTunes folder.

Unknown artist and folder issue/itunes mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.