Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

En Masse Conditional Highlighting Rules for Other Cell References?

Hi there everyone,

I have two lists of numbers. I'd like to add conditional highlighting based on to each one en masse, so that each is highlighted if its value is greater than the one next to it in that particular row. So far that works for the first row (highlight B2 IF B2 > C2, and the inverse for C2):

User uploaded file

But when I select all the cells in each column and combine each column's conditional highlighting rules, it highlights based on just the first row's cell reference (because every value in column B is greater than C1, all of column B is highlighted, same for column C with B1):

User uploaded file

Is there a way to make sure that each cell's CH rule is correct so that they highlight based on only the adjacent cell in the same row en masse? There's 100+ entries in each, so doing them manually will be a pain.

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Apr 16, 2015 11:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2015 9:30 AM

Is there a way to make sure that each cell's CH rule is correct so that they highlight based on only the adjacent cell in the same row en masse?

This works here: With the cells selected, add the rule and click the disclosure triangle in the address "token" and uncheck 'Preserve Row'.

User uploaded file

SG

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 17, 2015 9:30 AM in response to DreamOnMan92

Is there a way to make sure that each cell's CH rule is correct so that they highlight based on only the adjacent cell in the same row en masse?

This works here: With the cells selected, add the rule and click the disclosure triangle in the address "token" and uncheck 'Preserve Row'.

User uploaded file

SG

En Masse Conditional Highlighting Rules for Other Cell References?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.