Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Strange iTunes match issue

I've got a strange issue. I added a song to my iTunes library, a very rare tune that was featured in the film Beverly Hills Cop but never released on the soundtrack. (Vanity 6 - Nasty Girl) This song is NOT available for purchase through the iTunes store.

To my surprise, the MP3 I imported matched. I thought it had to be a mismatch, because there are lots of "tributes" and covers available on the store, so it had to be fake, right? No, this was the real deal. The actual song in very good quality. I was going to be happy with an iTunes Match status of "Uploaded," so this was like Christmas for me, right? Well, sorta.

See, i deleted the imported MP3 and downloaded the iTunes match version, which plays just fine. I also have iTunes on my work laptop (but I only stream from iTunes Match, I don't download anything), and even here, the song plays perfectly.

However, when I attempt to download or stream the song to my iPhone 6, the song goes silent after 1:13. It continues "playing," but there's no sound whatsoever. The same thing happens when I play it on my iPad.

Very strange, almost as if there are multiple versions of this track, one that goes to iTunes and one that get streamed to iDevices. I find it strange that this song isn't even officially in the iTunes store, yet not only do they have a copy of it, but several. Very odd.

What's the best way to contact Apple about this particular issue?

Posted on Apr 17, 2015 1:53 AM

1 reply

Strange iTunes match issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.