Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How has the Logic Pro app disappeared from my "Purchased" list?

Hey all, here's something weird. I've purchased Logic Pro in the AppStore a while back, and upon trying to re-install it on my computer, it's not appearing in my "Purchased" list, and I'm apparently having to purchase it again. FTR, I've had the same apple ID for about 100 years, so that isn't the issue. This is odd, and I'm unsure of my recourse as it seems everything/anything out of "Applecare" (I suppose a standard year or so) will require me paying for phone support to sort this out. Has anyone else experienced this, and what measures did you take?

Logic Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 17, 2015 12:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2015 6:51 AM

If you are sure you are using the same Apple ID as you used to purchase Logic...

and...

You have signed out of the Mac App Store.. quit the App Store app and then relaunched and signed back in again.. (looking for any updated Terms and Conditions popup you need to agree to) and its still not present under your purchased tab..

and...

You have checked you didn't accidentally Hide that purchase....

Unhide your purchases

1. Open the Mac App Store.
  2. Choose Store > Sign In, then enter your Apple ID and password, if you're not already signed in.
  3. Choose Store > View My Account.
  4. Enter your Apple ID password, if prompted.
  5. From the Account Information page, click View Hidden Purchases.
  6. From the Hidden Purchases page, locate the app you want to unhide.
  7. Click the Unhide button.

Simply contact Apple directly and they will assist you... You don't need Applecare....

http://www.apple.com/contact/

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2015 6:51 AM in response to Attila Baraczka

If you are sure you are using the same Apple ID as you used to purchase Logic...

and...

You have signed out of the Mac App Store.. quit the App Store app and then relaunched and signed back in again.. (looking for any updated Terms and Conditions popup you need to agree to) and its still not present under your purchased tab..

and...

You have checked you didn't accidentally Hide that purchase....

Unhide your purchases

1. Open the Mac App Store.
  2. Choose Store > Sign In, then enter your Apple ID and password, if you're not already signed in.
  3. Choose Store > View My Account.
  4. Enter your Apple ID password, if prompted.
  5. From the Account Information page, click View Hidden Purchases.
  6. From the Hidden Purchases page, locate the app you want to unhide.
  7. Click the Unhide button.

Simply contact Apple directly and they will assist you... You don't need Applecare....

http://www.apple.com/contact/

May 6, 2015 7:07 AM in response to Attila Baraczka

Well, that would explain why it didn't show up under the purchase tab, that's for sure... 🙂

As for invalid serial number... Did you buy the full version of Logic Studio 2.0 or the upgrade version? (LS 2.0 included LP9)

If it was the upgrade version you will also need to enter your Logic Studio 1.0/ Logic Pro 8 serial too...

One of the common mistakes people make during the LP9 install is they enter the LP9 serial but then the serial number dialog box opens again and so they think they have entered it incorrectly whereas what it is then asking for is the previous LP8 serial because they are installing the LP9 upgrade version and it needs both serials to install.

Finally, as a quick extra tip... once you sorted out the serial number and have installed LP9 you must update it via this link....

Logic Pro 9.1.8

Before you run it as the DVD version of LP9 will not function under Yosemite....

How has the Logic Pro app disappeared from my "Purchased" list?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.