Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Powerpoint and new update

I have just recently updated my iphoto software for OS X Yosemite and am now unable to import photos from Iphoto to powerpoint. When I go to import a photo and click photos or media all powerpoint can recognize is photobooth. Does powerpoint not recognize iphoto because of the update? Is there a way to bypass this? If not is there a way to revert iphoto back to its previous version without losing any photos? I need an answer by Saturday!

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), iphoto powerpoint disconnect

Posted on Apr 16, 2015 11:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2015 12:20 AM

Some folks have fixed this by opening iPhoto first, then restarting the Mac.

9 replies

Apr 19, 2015 2:16 PM in response to UofATaylor

I found a pseudo-solution, because I, too, was having this problem. I simply opened a new mail dropped in the photos I needed from Iphoto and from there dropped them into my Powerpoint document. Not a REAL solution, but if you have a deadline and it needs to get done.

I wish I knew why this was happening. I checked social media sites and Imail and was easily able to drop in photos from Iphoto, just not Powerpoint.

Jun 3, 2015 5:31 AM in response to Old Toad

I have the same problem as original poster.

In your suggested approach, all I see is the Photo Booth library, not the Photos library or the iPhoto library.

The workaround of dragging from Photos to Mail and then onto Powerpoint works. Further experimentation concludes that the problem doesn't exist with Apple applications Keynote & Pages, but does with MS Office Word & Powerpoint.

Solutions gratefully received.

Jun 4, 2015 4:58 PM in response to StuBlack

I should have been more definitive in my response. It's not compatible with Photos, i.e. you can't use it as the email client with Photos in 10.10.3. The new Photos requires extensions to work with 3rd party apps and those extension are supplied by the developer's of the 3rd party apps.

I believe the 2016 Outlook will work and possibly the 2011 if the latest update from MS is applied.

Powerpoint and new update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.