Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After IOS 8.3 upgrade, iCloud Backup Running Slow and won't complete.

iCloud Backup takes forever and won't complete after upgrade to 8.3. Only backing up 2.6G of data after opting out of Photo library And other apps. Deleted old backup. All 5G of storage is available.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 17, 2015 3:32 AM

1 reply

Apr 19, 2015 7:53 AM in response to GetNUpThere

After working with Level 2 Support for over 6 hours a B/U was eventually completed. The following steps were taken; The phone was restored to factory settings thru iTunes and set up as a NEW phone. An iCloud B/U of the phone was done WITHOUT having first applied an iTunes restore of a B/U of the phone. An iCloud B/U of the raw factory-released phone completed in 15 minutes. That B/U was just 9mb. After that raw factory-released iCloud backup completed, I restored the phone from my iTunes B/U of the phone and started another iCloud B/U of a 2.2gb file. I setup that iCloud B/U to exclude all the phone's app data that's why the file size was 2.2gb. The iCloud B/U finished in 15 hours, a long time for sure but at least it completed. I then enabled most of my apps for data B/U. The next iCloud B/U is estimated an 3.6gb. I purchased 20gb of iCloud storage.

After IOS 8.3 upgrade, iCloud Backup Running Slow and won't complete.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.