Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Entourage 2008 issues on 10.6.8 Snow leopard

Hi has anyone had a problem with entourage 2008 when the system has been closed down as normal at the end of the day and when turned it back on and entourage re opened, all the email accounts, emails and folders have gone and it looks like the software had been re installed and the only email is a welcome one. Any ideas Paul

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Apr 17, 2015 2:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2015 4:11 AM

You might try looking/posting here.

Microsoft Support – Office for Mac

Microsoft Support – Office for Mac (2)

2 replies

May 2, 2015 4:19 AM in response to Mullsy

Hi after many hours trawling the forums I found the answer as to what had happened .

In the open entourage screen when I open it up there is a file called Microsoft user data (MUD) I had moved this into one of my personal folders tidying up the opening page into work related and personal data.

In doing so the database of five years emails went into a new location.

Entourage because it cannot see it database where it expects too find it creates a whole new database in the old location and it looks like you have lost all your data.

In fact the data has just move to the location you have moved it too.

So simply grab it and drag it back to the original location and hey presto. Five years worth of email history back where it should be.

One additional object lesson I also learnt is that when the back up drive starts to make a clicking noise it is on its way out and you wont be able to recover the data, so replace it and back up as soon as possible

Hope this helps.

Paul

Entourage 2008 issues on 10.6.8 Snow leopard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.