Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issues with ios 8.3 update on iPhone 5

After updating my iPhone 5 to ios 8.3, I am unable to stream purchased music and videos from iTunes or any podcasts. I also can not stream videos on YouTube, Netflix, or Safari. Nothing works on both Wi-Fi and my normal data. If I could I would try to turn off the phone and restart but unfortunately my iPhone 5 is one of the ones that has the faulty lock button that needs to be repaired. But besides that, has anybody else been having issues with streaming music and videos?

iPhone 5, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 17, 2015 3:41 AM

7 replies

Apr 23, 2015 1:34 AM in response to nslombardo87

i'm looking for people with problems on iphone 5 with 8.3 because i'm still on ios7 and considering to upgrade

but if you have problem with turning off the phone,

you can set up "assistive touch" from setting > general > accessibility > assistive touch (down the bottom)

you can also set this on the accessibility shortcut for the triple click on the home button to show/hide the assitive touch

you'll see a black circle floating on the screen somewhere. you can move this thing around if it blocks what you want to see/tap

now to turn off your phone you can tap the assistive touch button > device > tap and hold the 'lock screen' icon until the power off slider comes up.

so you don't really have to fix the lock button 🙂

Apr 28, 2015 10:34 AM in response to nslombardo87

I'm having this exact issue. My music won't play. I can't download it, delete it, back it up, nothing works. I also have lost all the videos I had downloaded for my son. I can't get videos on YouTube or Netflix to play. It's not a wifi issue because I can still use the browser and get on facebook. Super frustrating to have no access to all the music I paid for!

Edited to add: I have done a restart, it was no help. My issue persists regardless of being on wi-fi, connected to the computer or using cellular data.

Jun 23, 2015 1:04 AM in response to nslombardo87

I know this thread is from a few months ago but I've just updated to IOS 8.3 (I had left it for ages but I bought the watch and wasn't sure whether I'd need the new update for it so, sadly, I went for it). Texts and phone calls work fine but my Facebook kept sticking and taking ages to load, as of 2 hours a go it now won't load at all. I click on the app, it shows the blue banner at the top but thats it, then after a couple of seconds it goes back to the home screen. I've tried both on wifi and 4G but it's having none of it! It's obviously connected to Facebook because its now showing I've got 3 notifications but I can't find out what they are. Needless to say I will be leaving my iPad on he older version! Have Apple acknowledged this at all??

Issues with ios 8.3 update on iPhone 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.