Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I add a computer to my account?

I have an itunes account and want to add my iMac so that I can listen to the music on it as well.

Help please.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Apr 17, 2015 4:58 AM

1 reply

Apr 17, 2015 6:04 AM in response to 1czechgirl

You can log into your account via the Store > Sign In menu option on your Mac's iTunes :

User uploaded file

You will also need to authorise the account via the 'Authorise This Computer' on the same, above, Store menu.

To listen to your music on that Mac, you might be able to :

- redownload your iTunes purchases on it via the Purchased link under Quick Links on the right-hand side of the iTunes store homepage. Or you can go into iTunes > Preferences, command-comma, and on the Store tab tick the 'show iTunes in the cloud purchases' tickbox so that they might show in the My Music part of your iTunes library for redownloading.

- copy your library into the Mac's iTunes, either from a different computer : How to move your iTunes library to a new computer - Apple Support

or your backup of your downloads/library via File > Add To Library

- use home sharing to stream your music (or copy it over) from a different computer : Set up Home Sharing on your computer - Apple Support

How do I add a computer to my account?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.